There are great misconceptions in the minds of people regarding the South direction. The South has always been considered as a problematic direction in terms of Vaastu but actually it is not true. It is ruled by the planet Mangal (Mars) The south is, truly speaking, the storehouse for the energies that emanate from the north and hence there should be no openings in this area. Only because this direction is owned by Lord Yama, the God of death, it has created a fear in the minds of people. Even though governed by Lord Yama, the south direction is responsible for bringing health, wealth and longevity. However, it can be made prosperous with effective Vastu solutions.
Vastu Shastra says no direction is bad. It should be put to proper use with careful designing by following the right Vastu principles in order to make it prosperous for the occupants. Each direction has its positives as well as negativities. We should be able to nullify its negative effects and capitalize on its positivity in order to make it conducive for dwelling. Similar is the case with south facing homes.
Here are a few Vastu tips for south facing homes and how to handle this sensitive direction carefully:
- The south facing homes should be constructed in a manner that they have more open spaces towards the North and the east direction.
- In south facing plots and homes, make a higher boundary in the south and west directions.
- The south west portion of the plot or house should have a raised level of the floor.
- The south facing homes should have maximum number of balconies towards the north and the east.
- The north east zone should have a bore well in order to improve the energy of the site.
- The slope of the roof should be towards the east or north of the building.
- South facing properties should be made heavy from the façade. The building should be strong looking and must not have lot of openings from the front. Glasses in the façade should be avoided.
What to avoid in South-facing plots:
- The south portion of the house should not have any extensions or else it would lead to unwanted accidents and incidents.
- In such plots, there should not be any slope towards the south direction.
- There should not be any water activity in the south direction of the house or else it would lear to enmity and quarrels among family members friends and even business associates, thereby leading to legal complications and taxation issues.
- The colour of a south facing building should not be black or blue in shade.
- The shape of the house should not be anything other than square or rectangle.
The south facing homes, if maintained well as per Vaastu principles, yield the same level of success and prosperity to the owners like the east and the north facing plots. They are very focus and determined about what they want to achieve in life. However, one needs to orient the entrance of the south facing houses in a manner so as to make it a ‘positive zone at south.’
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.