When we plant a seed in our house garden, we plant a hope, a hope that one day it would grow big and healthy and would reap fruits for us. In other words, we expect it to bring prosperity, luck and kindness within the household. Plants are believed to energize the surrounding with their presence and hence they play a pivotal role in determining our success and prosperity, apart from simply adding to the aesthetic beauty within the interiors of the house. However, while choosing plants for one’s home it is highly important to make the right choice as there are many plants which emit harmful gases, not suitable for human inhalation. Hence, it is very essential to choose the plants with great care so that they emit positivity and well being for the inmates of the house. Their direction should be proper too in order to make them fruitful.
Here is a list of five best plants which one should have in the home:
1. Tulsi- Another name of this plant is Basil. It is considered to be highly auspicious as per Hindu mythology and hence is found in every Hindu household as it is believed to bring prosperity for the inmates. This plant is even used as an essential herb in medicines and cures various diseases. It even helps in purifying the blood and improving the digestive system. Vastu says this plant should be placed in the north-east, north or the eastern part f the house. However, is a house carries some Vastu-dosh, the growth of this plant gets restricted.
2. Creepers- Vastu says creepers should be grown in the garden independently, without taking the help of the walls. The only creeper which can be grown within the house is the money plant, even in the bedroom.
3. Thorny plants- The only thorny plant which can be grown within any household is the rose plants, otherwise thorny plants are strictly prohibited within a residential plot as they bring in a lot negative energy and even bring bad luck for the inmates of the house.
4. Bamboo plant- I is believed that the bamboo plant brings in good luck and even protects the residents from evil powers. Even in the office, stalks of bamboo can be placed as they bring in good luck. The healthier the bamboo plant isthe more prosperous will the inmates be.
5. Vastu Shastra suggests growing of lemon, lotus and jasmine as they are considered to be very lucky.