Vastu defects at the shop can reduce your sales drastically. In order to ensure overall success, peace and economic growth, one needs to follow Vastu norms even at the shop. A properly constructed, Vastu compliant shop can earn profits, name, fame and goodwill for itself and its owner.
Some very important Vastu points relating to a shop are as follows:
- The shop plot or site should be a perfect square or rectangle. there should be no irregular protrusions or cut in the property. It is believed that an irregular shaped shop would lead to losses in business.
- The owner of the shop should face east or north while sitting, hence he should ideally sit in the south or west direction.
- The owner should have a slid wall behind him when seated
- The shop should have entrance form the east or the north
- Prayers to the Almighty should be offered by lighting a lamp and incense sticks every morning after opening the shop
- The shop should have auspicious symbols of swastika with the words ‘shubh-laabh’ and ‘riddhi-siddhi’ written on one of the walls within the shop.
- The shop should be spread with ‘Loban or Gugal’ smoke everyday
- The entrance of the shop should not have a slope as it leads to inconsistency in profit levels
- The cash counter should open towards the north which is the quadrant for the lord of wealth Kuber. The cash box should never be left empty
- An open drain in front of the shop leads to loss of wealth
- Heavy items should be kept in the south or the west side of the shop
- The north-east being a sacred corner should be kept uncluttered and clean at all times
- The doors of the shop should always open towards the right hand side.
- The floor of the shop should be wiped with salt water everyday excepting Sunday.