Bathrooms and toilets are the most sensitive areas within any given structure, house, factory or office as they the source for welcoming negative energy into the premises. A bathroom is a place where we shed away all our negative energies by cleansing ourselves. Hence, utmost care should be taken to note that everything within the toilet is placed and positioned according to Vastu principles so that it does not become the source for spreading of negative energy within the structure.
It has been often seen that bathrooms are the most neglected areas of the house in most middle and lower strata of society. It is highly essential to design even the smallest of toilets in a manner that the energy shed here remains buoyant and it does not affect your health, wealth and overall well being and happiness. For this, it is important to groom oneself in a manner that cleanliness and hygiene is given utmost priority.
Some simple steps to keep negative energies generating in the toilets at bay:
- The best way to make your bathroom attractive and Vastu compliant is by making it look fresh, beautiful and absolutely clean. For this you can start off with painting the toilet afresh, clearing away all unwanted stuff from it, hanging new towels and toiletries, using Vastu salt and even plants.
- The bathrooms should be kept spic and span and free from any fungus growth. Windows should be present within the bathroom to allow the entry of fresh air into it.
- A wrong placement of bathroom within the premises can pose adverse affects on the health and prosperity of the inmates, so it is mandatory to note the placement and positioning of each and every article within the bathroom to ensure healthy and happy living for the occupants of the house.
- Modern day bathrooms, unlike the olden times, have the toilet and bath area placed side by side. However, this should be segregated by using curtains.
- Wrong location of the water closet (WC) or the toilet pot is the key reason for wrong Vastu within a bathroom in most of the cases. Hence, it should be placed in the right direction and corner.
- The bathroom door should be kept closed at all times and the toilet lid should be kept down when not in use
- The person while using the toilet pot should face the north or the south, hence its positioning should be planned accordingly.
- The color palette for a bathroom should be warm and vibrant and not shocking red or black.
- The bathroom accessories should be stored on the south or west walls
- The position of the mirror within the bathroom should be such that it is in an elevated position and it does not reflect the toilet pot
- The mirror should be placed on either the north or the east wall. If there is a tap leaking or if there are other plumbing issues, these should be resolved without delay.