Just like adults, children too need their private sanctuary to study, learn and relax. This area should be kept well-organized and should encourage the flow of positive energy within the surrounding atmosphere. I feel it is very important to consult your children and know about their likes and dislikes while doing up their room or the study place. It is extremely important for parents to trust their children’s’ interest and intuitions and even get their feedback. By doing so, you boost your child’s self confidence and belief in himself which in turn paves way for a more relaxed and focused life ahead of him.
Here are a few points which should be kept in mind while designing and doing up your children’s room and study area:
- The northeast of the house should host the study desk and the child should be made to face the east, north-east or the north while studying as this enhances the brainwave activity of the child’s mind.
- Facing a window placed in the south direction while studying can lead to headaches and eyestrain’s. However, the child’s creativity gets restricted if he faces a blank wall in front of him. The best is to make him face the room which would give him an expansive feeling.
- Never cut down on the size of the desk as a skimpy table with no space would put the child under constant pressure.
- The child should be advised to keep only those books and gadgets on the table which are most conducive for his usage. These, too, should be well arranged and kept neatly.
- There should be sufficient and adequate natural lighting in the room which does not put strain on the eyes of the child while working.
- Sometimes just a simple relocation of the bookshelf and configuration of the furniture into a different set up in the study room as per Vastu principles can create greater interest for the child and enhance his interest in learning.
- The north-east of the room should be kept light, open, clean and clutter-free.
Vastu is a science which improves the way a person thinks reacts and responds to things around him. Vastu enables a person to progress towards better opportunities in life. It opens doors for newer creations and establishments and paves way for success and prosperity in life. Hence, I always advice people to consult a professional Vastu expert who could guide you to a better and greater start in life. Not only would he improve your settings within the home but would also create better settings for you for a better life and stronger future prospects towards success and well being