Vastu is a science which follows a grid of directions and is practised in every corner of the world. However, how a country fares in terms of Vastu is different from another. India, for instance, is quite inappropriate in terms of Vastu and it is believed that the prevailing poverty of this country is due to its Vastu in compliance. Vastu experts believe that a drastic change can be brought about to the entire country if Vastu for home and office buildings is followed strictly.
Vastu lays down guidelines for every room and direction. It even stresses on how our lifestyle should be in order to make it harmonious, peaceful and happy. Some common Vastu points which should be kept in mind while doing up the Vastu for home have been mentioned herein.
- Three doors on one wall are a bad Vastu idea, especially if they face the main door as this makes the house exposed to too much of road’s energy
- Rooms on the south should not have low ceilings
- Pillars and beams in the house should always be in even numbers. However, one does not need to demolish the house in case the number turns out to be odd, the best and most Vastu-friendly solution is to create false ceilings and pillars accordingly
- Sleeping or working under exposed beams bring ill fortune
- Avoid circular staircases. Also, the number of steps in a stairway should always be odd and they should rise from east to west or from the north to south.
- Steps on the east and north sides should not touch the wall of the building. This can be achieved by making sure the steps are on the south and west sides.
- Windows are recommended for the northwest sector of the plot or grid. This is because this grid is ruled by the God of wind, Vayudev. If the northwest wind is allowed easy accessibility into the building, it is regarded as a sign of good fortune. This, however, was quite common in traditional freestanding houses with a central courtyard open to the sky in previous times.
- Rooftops should slant from west to east and from south to north.
- The evil eye is believed to be warded off by stringing together seven green chillies and a lime on a thread and hanging the concoction on the main door frame where everybody can see it.
India is a growing economy on the global world map and Vastu perfections would only make its position bigger, better and more prosperous. However, to achieve so and to make a niche for itself in today’s challenging scenario, it has to be collectively accepted and followed by people of every section of society residing here in this country. This will take it to a different level of success and prosperity.